Dollhouse miniatures are fun, but they can be very expensive! A great way to save a bunch of money is to start making your own dollhouse accessories, starting with this super-easy, super-cute toilet plunger! It requires just a few common items and is incredibly quick and easy to make.
You will need:
- tiny suction cup
- bamboo skewer
- scissors tough enough to cut through the skewer
- pink acrylic paint
- glue that dries clear
1. Remove the metal hook from the suction cup. (If you can’t get it with just your fingers, try a pair of pliers.)
2. Paint the suction cup pink, both on the inside and out. For the best results, use several lighter coats; Your finished results will likely look drippy if you put too much paint on at once.
3. Cut a 2 1/2 inch section off of the bamboo skewer.
4. Put a drop of glue on top of the suction cup. Just a dab!
5. Press the piece of bamboo skewer into the drop of glue. Hold it in place until the glue sets.
Voila! Ready for tiny plumbing disasters!