This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Does your family suffer from the Monday Blahs? Or maybe you find yourself running in so many circles that you feel like you don’t have time to sit down for a family meal? It sounds like you need a Manwich Monday!
March 18th is National Sloppy Joe Day, which is the perfect excuse to grab a can of Manwich! The kid-stopping power of Manwich makes it quick and easy to bring your family together for meal time.
But it’s not limited to use in just Sloppy Joes. Its sweet-and-tangy taste makes it a great base for a quick batch of chili! It comes in three flavors: Original, Bold, and Thick & Chunky. The Thick & Chunky is absolutely perfect for this recipe!
- 1 can Thick & Chunky Manwich
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 15oz can chili beans
- 1 15oz can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 8oz can chicken stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Cook and shred chicken. I used dark meat to give my chili more depth of flavor, but you can use whatever kind of chicken you like.
2. If you desire an extra-chunky chili, add olive oil, chopped onions, and chopped red bell pepper to a large pan and cook over medium-low heat until the onions begin to turn translucent.
3. Stir in shredded chicken; season to taste if desired.
4. Stir in Manwich, chili beans, chicken stock, and corn. Bring to a low boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe is great served with corn bread or a chewy baguette!